ATLANTA – June 10, 2009 – Over 230 of the most exciting eco-friendly companies will be exhibiting in Atlanta June 26 – 28 for the Go Green Expo at the Cobb Galleria. As one of the largest tradeshow for eco-friendly products & services in the United States, Go Green Expo introduces guests to national eco-celebrities, the latest fuel-efficient cars, eco-fashion and beauty products, green products for families and children, organic food, health and wellness events, the latest in green building and solar products and more.
In an effort to encourage Atlanta’s business leaders to embrace eco-friendly products, services and practices, the Expo will open its doors on Friday, June 26 from 10 am – 5 pm for a complimentary business to business day. Business buyers, wholesalers, CEO’s, government agencies, procurement officers, and environmental industry professionals are encouraged to attend. Admission is free on Friday with a company business card.
Open to the public on Saturday and Sunday, tickets are only $10 for adults, $5 for students and seniors and military families, free for kids under the age of 12. For a full schedule of events and to purchase tickets, visit: http://www.GoGreenExpo.com Please use code “GGE50” for 50% off ticket prices (online registration only).
Show highlights include:
- Test-drives of the latest fuel-efficient cars including Toyota’s 3rd generation Prius and Smart Car on Saturday & Sunday.
- Free Yoga sessions from Dahm Yoga and My Traveling Yogi.
- Rock climbing walls for kids and adults alike on Saturday and Sunday – those who reach the top will have a tree planted in their name in Atlanta!
- Meet Oscar-nominated actress, model, eco-mom and author Mariel Hemingway, Saturday, June 27 at 1:00 pm. Mariel will be signing copies of her new cookbook, Mariel’s Kitchen: Simple Ingredients for a Delicious and Satisfying Life.
- Acoustic Musical Performances all day Sunday from Magic Hat, Jeff Hix & the Heretics and the DejaBlue Grass Band.
- On Sunday, June 28 meet Atlanta Falcons fullback Ovie Mughelli, one of the “greenest” football players in the NFL. Ovie will be signing autographs, posing for photos and discussing how to inspire kids to go green.
- Free organic food samplings and FARMER D Organics will be creating organic and biodynamic eco-garden that will help foster healthier communities that grow their own food at their homes, schools, businesses, farms and more.
- Win tradeshow prizes including an exciting weeklong stay in Costa Rica and an eco-friendly scooter from Ride Green
- The Ann Jackson Gallery will showcase the Dr. Seuss Lorax collection. Long before saving the earth became a global concern, Dr. Seuss, speaking through his character the Lorax, warned against mindless progress and the danger it posed to the earth’s natural beauty.
- Atlanta eco-living expert Laura Turner Seydel will speak about greening your body and home and give a photo tour of her LEED certified residence EcoManor on Saturday.
- The GREENandSAVE Eco Academy is a cutting edge training program designed to give individuals all the necessary tools to have a rewarding career in the “green” industry as a Home Efficiency Consultant. Become a Home Efficiency Consultant in as little as 30 days!
- Learn about green building from the Director of Sustainability for the City of Atlanta, Mandy Schmitt and the President of the USGBC Atlanta chapter Ben Taube.
Go Green Expo sponsors and partners include: WSB-TV, Dave FM, Captain Planet Foundation, Mother Nature Network, Creative Loafing, Green Chamber of the South, CareerEco, PrintResponsily.com, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Southeast Green, Atlanta.com, Earth Share of Georgia, The Georgia River Network, Sustainable Furnishings Council, HowYouEco.com, Natural Awakenings Magazine, EcoScene, The Architects Newspaper, Boho Magazine, Earth-List, Green Energy Council, Yelp.com & more.
Grow your green business! Limited booth space still available, please contact Nicole Boyer (212) 655-4505 x226 or NBoyer@GoGreenExpo.com.
Filed under: Events | Tagged: Ann Jackson Gallery, Atlanta Business Chronicle, Atlanta.com, Boho Magazine, Captain Planet Foundation, CareerEco, Cobb Galleria, Creative Loafing, Dave FM, DejaBlue, Dr. Seuss, Earth Share of Georgia, Earth-List, EcoManor, EcoScene, ecotransitions, Events & Entertainment, Farmer D, Go Green Expo, green building, Green Chamber of the South, Green Energy Council, HowYouEco.com, Jeff Hix & the Heretics, June 26-28, Laura Turner Seydel, Linked, Magic Hat, Mariel Hemingway, Mother Nature Network, Natural Awakenings Magazine, Ovie Mughelli, PrintResponsily.com, Ride Green, Southeast Green, Sustainable Furnishings Council, The Architects Newspaper, The Georgia River Network, USGBC, WSB-TV, Yelp.com | Leave a comment »