Mayor Kasim Reed officially announced the first Multi-Family toilet rebate program in the Southeastern United States during the City of Atlanta’s Sustainability Week, October 25-29, 2010. In his “Power to Change” speech, he outlined how Atlanta plans to become one of the top-ten sustainable cities in the nation.
Below you will find the details on the Multi-family toilet rebate program – you can also visit the following link for the rebate application. http://www.atlantawatershed.org/owe/multi-family-toilet-rebate.htm
Multi-family Toilet Rebate Program
The City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management extends its high-efficiency toilet rebate to multifamily customers
Apartment and condominium communities that are City of Atlanta water customers may qualify if the following criteria are met:
- The property was built prior to 1993
- Existing toilets use more than 1.6 gallons per flush
- Property owner/manager is up-to-date on water bill payments
- Property owner/manager has water and sewer account with DWM
- Property owner/manager agrees to a pre-installation water audit inspection by DWM
- Property owner/manager purchases all fixtures and arranges for/pays for installation
- Property owner/manager provides proof of purchase (original receipts) and proof of installation (plumber/contractor statement or invoice)
- Property owner/manager contracts with a licensed waste hauler who will transport used porcelain toilets to one of two porcelain recyclers in the Atlanta area (documentation from recycler required)
- Property owner/manager agrees to a post-installation verification site visit by DWM
- Property owner/manager completes a multifamily toilet rebate application (which includes all documentation listed above)
If the above criteria are met, the property owner/manager will receive a $100 rebate for each toilet replaced with a 1.28 gallon-per-flush or less EPA WaterSense toilet. Look for the label.
Rebates will be applied to the water account(s) for the property in question.
Rebates will be applied to qualifying applicants on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available.
For more information about the Multifamily Toilet Rebate Program, contact Jennifer Carlile, email@example.com, (404) 546-1265.
Filed under: high efficiency toilets, Metro Atlanta Water Supply, Toilet Rebate Programs in the US, toilets, water, watersense | Tagged: Apartment and condominium toilet rebate Atlanta, Atlanta Department of Watershed Management, City of Atlanta’s Sustainability Week, Multi-unit toilet rebate Atlanta, Multifamily Toilet Rebate Program, Power to Change, Toilet rebate application Atlanta, watersense |